Saturday, September 20, 2008

Yelapa, Mexico: Installment 3 in which I consume a coconut full of rum

Day 2 in Yelapa: Today we decided to hike up to the smaller of the two waterfalls. It was hot, muggy, and we were dripping in sweat by the time we arrived to the waterfall. Which was fine in that both the water in the river and the beer in the restaurant were cold.

I made sure to nearly break my leg while negotiating my way into the small pool. I then insisted on going underneath the waterfall so that Martha could get a picture of me. In hindsight standing under pelting water with a sunburn was not the greatest of ideas. I made up for it by drinking a coconut full of rum which was, in hindsight, also not a great idea, but I regretted it less than the waterfall incident. After another marvelous meal, we ambled back down the path to town and spent the rest of the day lounging about our palapa.










Day 3 in Yelapa: After a less stressful day at the waterfall we found the fortitude to make it back to the beach and spend another busy day doing nothing. It was busier than Day 1 in that I managed to read at least 4 pages of one of the 3 books I had insisted on lugging around. I ordered a piña colada and sang a Jimmy Buffet song or two. I'm not sure what we did during the rest of the day, but I'm pretty sure it was nothing and that it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like an idyllic little spot! and a coconut full of rum does not sound inadvisable in the least :-) Sounds like you had a really relaxing time, and btw you look hot in your bikini!!

    ReplyDelete